Monday, February 26, 2007

Lucas Cates SongSpot

I grew up down the street from Lucas' dad, John. I actually sang in a band with John when we were probably 10 years old. I don't remember how I got involved, but I think it was part of a class assignment or something because I don't think we would have done this on our own. Maybe John talked us into it. He was a pretty mischievous, assertive kid who grew up to be a trial lawyer. We performed in front of our whole grade at our elementary school in the talent show. The funny thing was, we held fake instruments and sang along to a Beatles tune. I don't remember the song, but I think it might have been 'I Want to Hold Your Hand'. We may have changed the lyrics. I was so scared I think I probably just mouthed the words. Anyhow, it's nice to see some of John's performance genes have exploded or blossomed with Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger