Thursday, October 05, 2006

AES 121st Convention

I'm not at this years AES convention in San Francisco. Can't afford to go, but maybe next year. For those of you who may not be familiar with this convention, the AES (Audio Engineering Society) convention is usually a little more technical than something like the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and is obviously focused on audio engineering and a lot of this is geared to pro-audio.

If anyone reading this blog is at the show or planning to attend in the next few days, feel free to contact us and share any interesting information. I'd really like to hear about these workshops:
SURROUND SOUND–NOW & IN FUTURE
HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO — DISCS VS. DOWNLOADS
CONTENT PROTECTION AND AUDIO DISTRIBUTION: CAN THIS MARRIAGE BE SAVED?
WHY THE ROOM IMPULSE RESPONSE AFFECTS EVERYTHING WE HEAR: What Is It; Why Does It Matter, and How Do We Measure It?
HUMAN FACTORS IN THE DESIGN OF AUDIO PRODUCTS AND SYSTEMS
THE HOWS AND WHYS OF DELTA SIGMA PROCESSING

And, of course I would like to spend some time in the exhibit hall. If you are an exhibitor, please free to enter any comments below.

Since I can't attend this year's convention, I'll do the next best thing and try to read a bunch of blog entries covering the show. I've searched for 'AES blog' and only come up with these so far:

Professional A/V Industry Blog
Mix Online
Brian's Brain
Peter at WordPress
John Atwood (ClariSonus)
Anablog (note: I discovered this blog on 10/31/06)

If I come across any others I will add them to this list. 10/6/06 update - okay, Brian Dipert (click on Brian's Brain blog, which I just added to the list) is at the AES convention. Hopefully, he will post something about the convention in the next few days. Another update: just found a few more, I'll just add them to the list.

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger